[SeaBIOS] VGA Callback function in SeaBIOS

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Tue Nov 22 19:11:28 CET 2011

> I want to implement a Callback Function (04E08H- System BIOS INT 15H) for the
> AMD Video vBIOS (ATOM BIOS Extension Functions)
>
> to support LVDS TFT Displays with AMD G-Series processors (Persimmon mainboard).

Is there any freely accessible documentation? Do you know if VBIOS calls this? I
tried to investigate if mine video BIOS is doing any calls but if I recall
correctly i havent seen that. I have some trouble with flicker during FID/VID
changes any clue here?

> What is the best way to do this in SeaBIOS?

I guess just implementing that.

> I need some parameter like UMA base and size from Coreboot. How can I transfer
> this information from Coreboot to SeaBIOS?

Read the config out of the hardware if possible.
Check gfx.c in coreboot how to do that.

Thanks
Rudolf