[SeaBIOS] Issues with ASRock E350M1

Marshall Buschman mbuschman at lucidmachines.com
Sun Jun 5 20:22:42 CEST 2011

I picked up another sandforce SSD myself, an OCZ vertex 2 120gb.
Absolutely no issues.
I hacked around in the SeaBIOS AHCI code a bit.
Adding 100ms of wait between the port reset and the probe causes the
drive to work properly, but this is a really, really bad hack -- and
from what Kevin was saying earlier, the drive reports ready and is not.

I'm inclined to believe that Corsair did a very poor job of implementing
their firmware (which is sad, because typically, I find Corsair products
to be of high quality), and that this drive only works at all because
legacy BIOS systems take virtually forever to start, and this conceals
the failure of the Corsair firmware to behave properly.

I suppose the question is .. do we have any desire to support hideously
broken disk firmware? If so, I will hold onto the disk so we can test
with it (as nothing else that I have behaves this way -- even mechanical
disks work fine) - otherwise, I'll be returning it to the place that I
bought it from as defective, which it is.

Thanks!
-Marshall Buschman