[SeaBIOS] Graphics card pass-through working with two pass pci-initialization

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Wed Jun 1 15:47:44 CEST 2011

On 06/01/11 12:20, Rudolf Marek wrote:
> Sorry I forgot to include all addresses.
>
>> I don't know how much work it would be to generate the DSDT
>> dynamically from
>> Qemu, but IMHO that's the sanest way to make things flexible. We could
>> probably even extract most information from the Qdev tree.
>
> Well I have written for coreboot a ACPI bytecode generator (check
> acpigen.c). Maybe moving to SeaBIOS+Coreboot would make sense? It has
> the PCI resource allocator and all already done.

Probably makes more sense to move to qemu, then pass the tables to
seabios as qemu knows which virtual hardware is requested by the user
and thus is present and which isn't.

Having a brief look at the coreboot code it seems static stuff (compiled
by iasl) and dynamic bits are combined into the final dsdt table, is
that correct?

thanks,
   Gerd