[SeaBIOS] [patch] Add IDE_TO_AHCI config

Chuang, Alex Alex.Chuang at amd.com
Wed Jun 1 09:14:46 CEST 2011

On Wed, June 01, 2011 at 06:57AM +0800, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> > Not all SATA controllers can be run in this mode.
> > That's why I set 'IDE_TO_AHCI' default to disable.
> > I only confirm it's working with AMD's SATA controller.
>
> Okay.  In that case, I think it would be better to detect the
> vendor/device ids that can be supported instead of adding a new config
> option.

It's fine to add vendor ids detect code, but I think config
'IDE_TO_AHCI' should be reserved.
Because there are three ways to control AHCI controller.

1. AHCI option rom.
2. ATA emulation mode in ATA.c.
3. non-ATA emulation mode in AHCI.c.

Config 'AHCI' can control non-ATA emulation mode enable/disable in
AHCI.c and we also need config 'IDE_TO_AHCI' to control ATA emulation
mode enable/disable in ATA.c.

Best regards,
Alex