[SeaBIOS] Kconfig for SeaBIOS finally

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Mon Jan 17 21:40:26 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 09:13:47PM +0100, Marc Bertens wrote:
> Kevin,
>
> This is the final patch for Kconfig for SeaBIOS.
>
> Tested-by Marc Bertens <mbertens at xs4all.nl>
> Signed-off Marc Bertens <mbertens at xs4all.nl>
>
> Its now all in one big patch, it has now one config.h file. This should
> be straight forward.

Thanks.  Unfortunately, it's still too big for the mailing list.

Can you post this in two patches - one that adds the tools/kconfig/
files, and one that modifies the SeaBIOS files (Makefile, src/*).  I
can put the tools/kconfig/ part on the web, and we can discuss the
seabios parts on the mailing list.

Some comments on that patch:

The patch seems to be missing src/Kconfig.

[...]
> +#elif CONFIG_NAME_QEMU
> +/*	the Q-Emu name was selected */
> +#define CONFIG_APPNAME  "QEMU"
> +#define CONFIG_CPUNAME8 "QEMUCPU "
> +#define CONFIG_APPNAME6 "QEMU  "
> +#define CONFIG_APPNAME4 "QEMU"
> +
> +#elif CONFIG_NAME_COREBOOT
> +/*	the Coreboot name was selected */
> +#define CONFIG_APPNAME  "Coreboot"
> +#define CONFIG_CPUNAME8 "CRBTCPU "
> +#define CONFIG_APPNAME6 "COREBT"
> +#define CONFIG_APPNAME4 "CRBT"

This adds new names - which is a topic in itself.  Lets have the
first kconfig patch just add in the basic capabilities, and then we
can add new features on top of it.  I suggest leaving the names hard
coded in config.h for now - setting them via kconfig can be a follow
up patch.

Thanks for working on this.