[SeaBIOS] Next version

Prasad Joshi prasadjoshi124 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 14:41:44 CET 2011

>   2. Next version (Kevin O'Connor)
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 01:12:28 -0500
> From: Kevin O'Connor <kevin at koconnor.net>
> To: seabios at seabios.org
> Subject: [SeaBIOS] Next version
>
> I think it's about time to release a new version of SeaBIOS (0.6.2).
> Does anyone know of any feature or bug that needs to be addressed
> prior to a release?

The current PCI memory space is limited to 236MB. It would be good to
increase it to at-least 512MB. KVM supports for device assignment to
the VM. For most of the PCI devices the 236MB memory might be enough,
but when you pass-through a graphics device, this memory is very
limited.

I don't know if the PCI memory space can be dynamically expanded, but
it would be good to increase the PCI memory space to 512MB at-least.