[SeaBIOS] Problem with DOS application and 286 DOS Extender application

Gerhard Wiesinger lists at wiesinger.com
Sun Feb 13 15:06:44 CET 2011

Hello,

After some fortune I found out that also Turbo Debugger 286 doesn't work
under plain DOS 6.22 (without any memory mananger just pressing F5) or
with some memory mananagers (HIMEM.SYS, EMM386, QEMM386).

Error message is:
Error 266 loading D:\DIR\TD286.EXE into extended memory.

So it looks like that there is a major issue with extended memory. Any
ideas how to fix or how to find the problem and fix it?

Version is latest seabios and QEMU from git as of now (own builds).

I'm pretty sure that it is the same reason that the 286 DOS Extender
application doesn't work.

For full reference of the previously discussed have a look here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/qemu-devel@nongnu.org/msg29518.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/qemu-devel@nongnu.org/msg29465.html

Thnx.

Ciao,