[SeaBIOS] USB keyboard and mouse not detected

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Sun Dec 25 00:59:50 CET 2011

On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 09:00:54PM +0100, Nils wrote:
> Op vrijdag 23-12-2011 om 19:37 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Kevin
> O'Connor:
> > On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 12:53:45AM +0100, Nils wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > I am having some problems with SeaBIOS from git (9-december-2011).
> > > My USB keyboard and USB mouse are not detected.
> > > EHCI and OHCI are being init but no further actions.
> > > I can not use my keyboard in SeaBIOS and Grub.
> > >
> > > USB keyboard and USB mouse are enabled in SeaBIOS .config .
> > > The Linux kernel does detect them and i can use them in Linux.
> > >
> > > I hope someone could give me some clue on what i am doing wrong.
> > >
> > > Also see attached SeaBIOS and kernel log's and .config .
> >
> > It looks like SeaBIOS found a non-high-speed device under EHCI, but
> > then didn't find it after trying to migrate it to the OHCI
> > controller.  I think there was a report of this once before.  Can you
> > try disabling EHCI support in SeaBIOS and then see if it detects your
> > keyboard?
> I tested SeaBIOS with the disabled EHCI and there are several OHCI
> messages now, but the keyboard is not working yet.
> See attached log.
>
> Grub and linux don't boot anymore and SeaBIOS hangs at the end of the
> log.(after the message: Booting from harddisk...)

That's odd - does this happen every time?  It looks like a timeout on
a device other than the keyboard is causing a timeout.  What devices
do you have?  (If I read the logs, SeaBIOS seems to be finding three
devices.)  You could try unplugging everything but the keyboard just
to see if it will boot.