[SeaBIOS] [Qemu-devel] insmod virtio-blk is broken in qemu 1.0

Anthony Liguori anthony at codemonkey.ws
Mon Dec 19 20:26:51 CET 2011

> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 12:02:59PM -0600, Anthony Liguori wrote:
>> I would like to point out that August ->  October is a pretty long
>> time period for a regression like this to exist.  I think that
>> really indicates that the primary problem is testing, not frequency
>> of SeaBIOS updates.
>
> One complication is that alot of us are not necessarily testing the
> SeaBIOS that is in QEMU GIT. Fedora rawhide includes qemu-kvm.git
> snapshots which are updated fairly frequently, but we don't use
> the SeaBIOS QEMU includes. Instead Fedora includes the latest
> SeaBIOS upstream release.

I understand why Debian and Fedora do this but it is unfortunate from a QA
perspective.

Fedora is on a different release schedule than QEMU, so it's easy for it to do
an "upstream freeze", and grab the latest SeaBIOS release and QEMU release.

But we don't treat SeaBIOS as a separate package supporting arbitrary
combinations of SeaBIOS and QEMU.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori