[SeaBIOS] non-emulated AHCI hardware

Scott Duplichan scott at notabs.org
Wed Apr 27 04:07:40 CEST 2011

Peter Stuge wrote:

Scott Duplichan wrote:
> Another possibility is splitting the request. The caller's buffer
> could handle the bigger part, and a stack buffer could be used for
> the remaining part.

] I think this idea is by far the best!

I started coding this and ran into a problem. According to Kevin
the stack is too small for a one sector buffer. So I was going to
use an aligned subset of the caller's buffer to read the last
sector and save its last word in a stack variable. But if a
single sector is requested and the buffer is unaligned, aligning
it results in a buffer too small to read a complete sector.

Thanks,
Scott