[SeaBIOS] ohci bulk?

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Sat Nov 20 20:15:28 CET 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 01:40:12PM -0500, Stefan Berger wrote:
> On 11/20/2010 01:28 PM, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> >Yes, but of course that means the OS can't use the memory then.  Why
> >does the code need to be in high memory - why not just have it in the
> >f-segment?
> With possible future extensions to the BIOS, the f-segment may not
> provide enough space and so we can open up 'the world' using the
> high memory areas. Reserving for example 256kb out of 1 GB seems
> negligible...

Right - that's why SeaBIOS implements code relocation.  The current
relocation stuff is designed around separating out the initialization
code from the run-time code - if all of it is going to be reserved
anyway then that doesn't make much sense.

Maybe it would help if you describe what it is you are trying to do,
and how big the code is going to be.

Cheers,