[SeaBIOS] SeaBIOS 16-bit compiler

Michal Necasek mnecasek at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 11:30:01 CET 2010

        Jes,

 I'm certainly not suggesting to break the GCC build in order to have an Open Watcom build of SeaBIOS. I'm also not in any way suggesting that SeaBIOS developers should be forced to switch to Windows (I didn't say so, did I?). I'm for widening the platform choice, not restricting it.

 Open Watcom is free, yes. It's not GPL, but it has an OSI-approved license. See http://www.opensource.org/licenses/sybase.php

 Multiple compilers generate different errors, yes - which makes it both more difficult to write "generally acceptable" code and easier to discover genuine problems that one or the other compiler may not diagnose.

         Regards,

                 Michal