[SeaBIOS] PS/2 mouse emulation problems

Natalia Portillo claunia at claunia.com
Sat Mar 13 15:42:45 CET 2010

Ok so in resume we have the following PS/2 mouse bugs:

NeXTStep and OpenStep PS/2 driver receives no movement at all from the
mouse (Darwin PS/2 driver seems to be made from scratch so no helpful
here).
MS-DOS Mouse driver hangs the whole machine.
Windows Me Setup mouse driver receives no movement at all from the
mouse.
Old XFree86 PS/2 mouse driver receives no movement at all from
standard protocols (PS/2, IMPS/2) or random movements (Microsoft).
Hydrogen OS mouse driver does not work.

While the NeXTStep PS/2 bug is known from QEMU 0.7.0 (which used Bochs
BIOS), the other ones are new (as far as I know) so they may be or may
not be caused by SeaBIOS.