[SeaBIOS] [Qemu-devel] Regression: more 0.12 regression (SeaBIOS related?)

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Wed Mar 10 03:12:20 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 10:04:57AM +0800, Roy Tam wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I found some regression bugs that seems relate to SeaBIOS and I hope
> we can add back booting with Bochs BIOS in git so that we can further
> testing that the bug is in SeaBIOS or in QEMU 0.12.
> Following list is the regression that I encountered and which works in 0.11.1:

Thanks for the report.

It would help quite a bit if you could gather some additional
debugging information from SeaBIOS.  The simplest way is to grab:

http://linuxtogo.org/~kevin/SeaBIOS/test/bios.bin-0.5.1-debug-20100228

and replace the standard bios.bin with this file.  Then launch qemu
with the additional parameter "-serial file:mylog".  Then forward the
"mylog" file back.

SeaBIOS has a wealth of debugging information that could help solve
these issues.

> http://www.drdosprojects.de/cgi-bin/download.cgi/d090723b.zip
[...]
> http://homepage1.nifty.com/bible/dos/fdos0138.lzh