[SeaBIOS] too big seabios (1MB)

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Sat Mar 6 23:06:44 CET 2010

On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 03:17:19PM +0100, Rudolf Marek wrote:
> With debian unstable binutils 2.18 and 2.20 I always get quite big bios.bin.elf
> Image. I believe it is because rom.o has alignes for 2**21

Rudolf and I fixed this earlier today.  For anyone else running into
this problem, please pull the latest SeaBIOS git.

There is a fix in the git tree that will allow the images to be used.
It's important to note that the bios.bin.elf will still be very large
- the change enables cbfstool to remove the extra pad that some
linkers add.