[SeaBIOS] int 1589 test case?

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Sun Jan 10 17:48:32 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 04:11:51PM +0100, Sebastian Herbszt wrote:
> Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> >Under bochs, with the above change, the screen doesn't hang, and the
> >test program returns to real mode.  However, the system still hangs
> >because it looks like bochs reset the f-segment.
>
> Can you elaborate on "hangs". With Bochs cvs i end up back in FreeDOS
> shell, the keyboard works and i can try to execute commands.

On qemu, the screen ceases to update.  It doesn't happen on Bochs.
(Interestingly, I can see from the logs that irqs and disk accesses
still work under qemu - it's just that the screen stops updating.)

> If i try to execute commands after resume the bios freaks out:
>
> 00206894578i[BIOS ] In resume (status=5)
> 00219543399i[BIOS ] int13_harddisk: function 02, parameters out of range 0000/0000/0001!

The "int13_harddisk" message indicates to me that the f-segment was
reset (SeaBIOS thinks the drive has zero sectors).

> If i change BX_RESET_HARDWARE to BX_RESET_SOFTWARE it works as expected.

If BX_RESET_SOFTWARE no longer resets the f-segment, that would make
sense.