[SeaBIOS] About cpu_set, CPU hotplug and related subjects

Jes Sorensen Jes.Sorensen at redhat.com
Wed Apr 28 12:41:51 CEST 2010

On 04/28/10 12:30, Gleb Natapov wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:31:00AM +0200, Jes Sorensen wrote:
>> On 04/22/10 03:12, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
>> Generating the more complex tables dynamically would be preferred, but
>> it requires like half an AML compiler in Seabios, so it kinda stalled
>> there....
>>
> We can try to be smart and generate most of the code statically and only
> minimum that absolutely required dynamically. Haven't looked at how
> simple dynamic part can be made.

I looked at it briefly and ran away screaming :) I am sure it can be
done, bit it would require pretty good understanding of the AML encodings.

The CPU declarations are particularly tricky as they get pretty big and
complex and need to live in the DSDT, whereas a lot of other things we
can shift off to separate SSDT tables and only put the minimum that
needs to be generated dynamically in it's own table.

Cheers,
Jes