[SeaBIOS] [Qemu-devel] QEMU regression problems

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Wed Apr 14 03:16:47 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 02:26:10PM +0800, Roy Tam wrote:
> 2010/4/12 Gerhard Wiesinger <lists at wiesinger.com>:
> > 3.) There is also a problem with the reported base memory under QEMM386
> > (HIMEM.SYS and EMM386.EXE is correct here). It is 646kB instead of 640kB.
> > Therefore base memory test fails. I guess that reporting memory CMOS
> > tables/interrupt functions are not implemented correctly.
>
> - The Base Memory > 640K error seems to be SeaBIOS related. QEMU Bochs
> BIOS(tested with both -old-bios hack in 0.12 series and old 0.11.1)
> will just freeze after QEMU counted RAM.(Tested with ScriptPC and
> Bochs).

The SeaBIOS log would really help.  This can be done by adding:

-chardev stdio,id=seabios -device isa-debugcon,iobase=0x402,chardev=seabios

to the qemu command line.

The memory can be obtained in several places (int 12, int 1588, int
15e801, int 15e820, and mem 40:13).  All look fine to me from looking
at the code.