[SeaBIOS] SeaBIOS error with Juniper FreeBSD kernel

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Wed Apr 14 03:27:49 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 08:48:35PM +0200, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Gleb Natapov <gleb at redhat.com> writes:
> > If there is any seabios revision that works then it is possible to
> > bisect to find problematic commit.
> I'm also bitten by this and have now attempted to bisect it.  The result
> was:
>
> c95d2cee36db79c88253d43a90230ceadf0c26cf is first bad commit
> commit c95d2cee36db79c88253d43a90230ceadf0c26cf

It looks like memory layout changes in the f-segment is tickling the
underlying bug.  I don't think SMBIOS, the above commit, or the other
commit identified earlier are the root cause of the problem.  Instead,
I'd guess these commits just change the memory layout enough to avoid
the root cause.

This looks like it is going to require some careful study with a
debugger and some execution traces.  Unfortunately, since this image
isn't available for download it makes it difficult to track down.