[SeaBIOS] [ANNOUNCE] Seabios 0.5.0
kevin at koconnor.net
Sat Dec 19 04:54:27 CET 2009
SeaBIOS 0.5.0 has just been tagged.
This release synchs the SeaBIOS tip with qemu in preparation for the
The main SeaBIOS repo is available with:
git clone git://git.linuxtogo.org/home/kevin/seabios.git
Precompiled binaries and source packages are also available at:
Major changes since the last release (0.4.3):
* Import of many features needed by kvm and qemu.
* The default is now to extract option roms from PCI and from qemu
fw_cfg interface. Users of bochs and earlier versions of qemu must
now set CONFIG_OPTIONROMS_DEPLOYED=1 in src/config.h.
* The bios can now be larger than 64K. (If the bios is over 64K, it
will extend into the e-segment.)
* Support for "threading" of hardware initialization which can speed
up boot times when seabios is used with coreboot.
* Initial support for USB keyboards.
* Lots of bug fixes and code cleanups.
More information about the SeaBIOS