[openfirmware] TFTP Block Size setting?

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Jun 10 10:22:49 CEST 2016

Yes, Open Firmware can do HTTP;

    ok boot http:\\server\path

but my tests of these are usually DHCP mediated rather than BOOTP and
three years ago; I don't remember doing it with BOOTP.

NFS is also possible on Open Firmware;

    ok boot nfs:\\server\path

When using HTTP or NFS in Open Firmware change "/" to "\" everywhere
in a URL, since "/" has a meaning in the device tree parsing.

And again; no idea about AIX open boot.

If you can get to the prompt, try it manually, with a prepared file
offered by HTTP.

cat >> test << EOF
\ test
." test" cr