[openfirmware] Problem with a:\nvram.dat in qemu

Mitch Bradley wmb at laptop.org
Wed Jan 5 22:51:43 CET 2011

If you want to try debugging it without my help,

a) See http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Forth_Lesson_15 to learn about the
Forth debugger

b) Inspect the definition of init-nvram-buffer in
ofw/confvar/nvcache.fth to see what it does

c) use  ok debugging init-nvram-buffer   to step through that definition
and find out where it is going wrong

d) cpu/x86/pc/biosload/filenv.fth contains the methods that are used to
read and write to the nvram.dat file .  You can debug one of those
methods with, for example:   ok dev /file-nvram  debug write
Then perform the action (e.g. setenv ...) that would trigger that method.