[openfirmware] PCI devices: IRQ table and vendor/device ID

Andrea r&d4 at dave-tech.it
Thu May 29 19:36:17 CEST 2008

Dear OFW developers,

I'm going to a "new" PCI device on our custom (Geode LX based) board.

I already add standard PCI support to our build (${BP}/dev/pcibus.fth),
plus enabling some debugging stuff:

true value pcimsg?
true value probemsg?

Is it possible to see its vendor/device ID from OFW? (we are going to
create a custom OFW driver soon, but it will be enough to see it IDs for
debugging purpose)

AFAIK I also have to add "something" on PCI IRQ table to let the OS (in
our case Linux) to attach its driver to the right IRQ.
I found something like that inside vsapci.fth source
(cpu/x86/pc/*/vsapci.fth) but it seems that this is used only for Geode
companion chip devices.

Any clue in how enumerate and assign IRQ to PCI devices with OFW?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

--

Andrea

DAVE Srl - Electronics System House