[openfirmware] OFW x86 MMU Setup

Andrea r&d4 at dave-tech.it
Wed Jun 18 19:13:27 CEST 2008

Dear OFW Gurus,

I (think I) am stuck in MMU setup on a Geode LX based board.

I've added a second LPC flash on it (IDSEL=1) but cannot access it (eg.
to read manufacturer and device ID) due "page fault" error:

ok FFAC0000 rw@
Page Fault
ok

While I can access IDSEL=0 flash:

ok FFBC0000 rw@ .
ffff	\BTW: manuf. and device ID have no mean here (this is not a real
LPC flash..)
ok

I can access this range of memory when CPU is just out of reset (with a
JTAG interface), so hardware should be ok.

Any clue in how to add the required range on MMU map for my platform in
OFW? (if this is the source of the fault of course)

TIA and best regards,

--

Andrea

DAVE Srl - Electronics System House