[OpenBIOS] Back at it again( PCI Passthrough )

Programmingkid programmingkidx at gmail.com
Tue May 29 16:16:36 CEST 2018

> On May 29, 2018, at 7:39 AM, Jd Lyons <lyons_dj at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> The odd thing PK is the Firewire card worked perfect with qemu-System-ppc in PCI passthrough, but failed to work correct with qemu-system-x86_64 with a OS X guest.

Apple does like taking features away from us. Maybe the removed the Firewire driver from the x86 version of Mac OS X you are using.

> The device show up on the PCI bus, but OS X can’t detect anything plugged into it. I’ll have to do a little more hacking and see what I can do.

Which version of Mac OS X has this problem?

> As to the PCI-E 1x to PCI adapter, it didn’t want to work with a Radeon 9200 PCI, the host system wouldn’t boot at all with that card installed.

Maybe we can diagnose this issue and figure out a work around. What is your host operating system? Does this card show up in your BIOS setup?

> I have an old S3 pic via card and that one seemed to work, however the VGA connector was blocked by my case so I couldn’t test it with qemu_x86 to see if I could get VGA from the card in passthrough.

The only work around for this issue involves using a reciprecating saw on your case. Something I bet you rather not do :)

> I also tested a sound blaster audigy gold, and the Firewire port works under qemu-ppc, and I tested a USB 1.1 card that had the same issue under OS X intel in a qemu guest, but I assume it would work for qemu-ppc.

Excellent job with being able to access real hardware from your VM.