[OpenBIOS] Back at it again( PCI Passthrough )

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Sat May 19 10:25:22 CEST 2018

On 12/05/18 11:47, Jd Lyons wrote:

> As far as I can tell, here is a breakdown of 0xddf, I’m getting an exception here now, but I’m not sure where or how to debug it.
>
> I did add the other config* words, but I’m unsure I did it correctly, and I can’t seem to debug them when they are called in the Fcode?

Sorry it has taken me a while to respond to this, it's fairly crazy in
the day job right now.

 From what I can see in the provided output it is just the config-*@,
config-*! and map-out words missing from OpenBIOS which shouldn't be too
difficult to fix. There also seems to be an assumption that the
"assigned-addresses" property is present, or at least I can see FCode
that tries to read it but nothing to write it?

Hopefully things will start to calm down soon, but in the meantime if
you post you patch for the PCI config words I will be happy to take a
look and review them.

In terms of debugging, once you're in C land it's fairly easy: alter
Makefile.target to change -Os to -O0 to enable debugging symbols for the
build and then you can single step directly in the guest with
sparc64-linux-gdb via QEMU's gdbstub, setting breakpoints as required.