[OpenBIOS] Back at it again( PCI Passthrough )

Jd Lyons lyons_dj at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 00:14:58 CEST 2018

> On May 8, 2018, at 5:56 PM, Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, May 08, 2018 at 12:41:30PM -0700, Joe van Tunen wrote:
>> The b?branch command causes the dictionary pointer to change from fff81e54 to fff57240. This behavior is described in fcode.fs where b?branch calls setup-tmp-comp. It's using the tmp-comp-buf which is initialized to a fixed size of 200 in bootstrap.fs. Is 200 enough?
>
> Using a temporary compile buffer for b?branch in interpret mode is
> incorrect.  It should be executed in interpret mode directly, as the
> 1275 specification specifies.  This is different from IF in interpret
> mode, etc.
>

> Segher

Yes, that sound about right, we got to maybe b?branch wasn’t working correctly, before. I did a hatchet job, basically just a copy and paste from SLOF into Openbios, and a few “fixes” to make it compile, but I think the result was the Fcode caught an exception earlier.

Likely if someone that knew what they were doing takes a swing at it, we could get a little further.

https://mail.coreboot.org/pipermail/openbios/2017-December/010071.html