[OpenBIOS] Apple's Open Firmware.

Jd Lyons lyons_dj at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 12:44:15 CEST 2018

> On Mar 19, 2018, at 8:58 PM, Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 08:11:25PM -0400, James Lyons wrote:
>> On Mar 19, 2018, at 7:57 PM, Segher Boessenkool wrote:

>>> You probably need to call its "open" method before it does much.
>>
>> Thanks Segher,
>>
>> I tried:
>>
>> dev agp/@10
>> : open true ;
>> open-dev " agp/@10"
>>
>> ALLOC-MEM request too big!
>>
>> Did I do it correct?
>
> You destroyed (well, made inaccessible) any "open" method there was.
> That is certainly not going to help.
>

> Segher

Segher, how would I properly call open?

I seem to have a card with a dead EEPOM on it, so I can’t flash my Fcode ROM to it.

Also, does anyone know if Apple’s OF supports fcode-verbose?

What I am trying to do, load the Fcode Rom from a file may not be supported in Apple’s Open Firmware. Arti Irta never mentioned it could be done, so it’s maybe there was a reason for that.