[OpenBIOS] Apple's Open Firmware.

James Lyons lyons_dj at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 01:03:30 CET 2018

On Mar 19, 2018, at 6:38 PM, Tarl Neustaedter wrote:

> On 2018-Mar-19 18:09 , James Lyons via OpenBIOS wrote:
>> [...]
>> " agp/@10" open-dev to my-self
>> load hd:12,\ppc\4600.rom
>> 800000 1 byte-load
>>
>> That all returns ok, but the FCode doesn't seem to execute.
>>
>> Also, I had to strip the PCI Header from the ROM to get the load
>> command to work.
>
> Did the load bring the FCode in?

Thanks Tarl,

800000 100 dump returns the FCode, so that seems to be OK

> You don't want to strip out the PCI header, you want to chase the
> pointer in the PCI header to where the FCode starts, and make the
> byte-load command take that address (e.g., in the above, given the
> file you sent, you'd start at 800040).

If I don't strip the header OF returns this to the load command:

unrecognized Client Program format

Same thing with:

boot hd:12,/ppc/4600.rom -h

unrecognized Client Program format

the -h tag should tell not to try and execute, just load, but that
doesn't seem to work. Maybe Apple systems don't support it?

I stripped everything to 0x40 in the ROM to get it to load with the
load command, I'm not sure how I can get it to load without doing that?