[OpenBIOS] L2 Cache Settings

Programmingkid programmingkidx at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 19:45:33 CET 2018

> On Jan 25, 2018, at 11:09 AM, Jd Lyons via OpenBIOS <openbios at openbios.org> wrote:

>>> I would change "asm" to "asm volatile" to prevent the compiler from optimizing this code out.
>>
>> The asm has no outputs so it is already volatile.
>>

>> Segher
>>
>> --
>> OpenBIOS                 http://openbios.org/
>> Free your System - May the Forth be with you
>
> Segher, if you have some of the old White Papers on the CPU’s that shipped in Mac’s, or the upgrades offered by third parties, I’d like to get a look at them, if your not under NDA.

This pdf has detailed information on the 7447A
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/MPC7447AEC.pdf

This has a ton of information on the 7450 (probably still useful to you)
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/MPC7450UM.pdf

This has information on programming PowerPC processors:
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/MPCFPE32B.pdf