[OpenBIOS] failed to build

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Fri Jan 12 12:40:56 CET 2018

On 12/01/18 11:03, Jens Bauernfeind wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> I installed coreboot succesfully on my t430.
> I build openbios in the x86 version and added the openbios-bultin.elf as addtional payload to the image (with seabios as primary, so i could easily test openbios )
> Unfortunately when I start it, it doesn't recognize the keyboard and several messages "cannot manage <device name>...."
> I know that the laptop keyboard is attached via PS/2, and in the drivers/pci.c is a PS2 Keyboard block.
> Is there anything I can debug?
>
> Best Regards,
> Jens

Fascinating, thanks for the screenshot! I suspect the issue with the
keyboard is because it exists behind the PCI-ISA bridge, and since
OpenBIOS isn't able to match your particular bridge against its internal
list then it never generates the appropriate DT nodes.

Now it appears that OpenBIOS does have a default set of legacy devices
for the i82378 PCI-ISA bridge, however they should be equally valid for
your QM77 PCI-ISA bridge and fairly standard.

How about the attached patch which renames i82378_config_cb() to
isa_bridge_config_cb() and also adds in the PCI device and vendor ids
for your particular PCI-ISA bridge into the OpenBIOS configuration?

If this is able to get your keyboard working, a photo of the output of
"show-devs" would be quite helpful :)