[OpenBIOS] failed to build

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Fri Jan 5 09:29:31 CET 2018

On 04/01/18 00:29, Jens Bauernfeind wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> thanks for the quick reply.
> WIth this patch I can build the x86 version.
>
> I should have said that I attempt to flash coreboot the first time and
> have not the equipment yet to do the flashing (but its ordered).
> I hope that the stuff is coming in a few days so I can report if its
> working on real hardware.
>
> Best Regards
> Jens

Hi Jens,

That sounds really interesting! Sadly there isn't much x86 development
happening on OpenBIOS at the moment since the current focus for x86 is
on the UEFI BIOSs, however I generally try and make sure that it builds.

I was able to boot coreboot/OpenBIOS in QEMU as per the instructions at
https://www.coreboot.org/QEMU#coreboot_v3_.2B_OpenBIOS, although that
was a few years ago and it's not something I regularly do.

However I would expect that the basic functionality of booting into
OpenBIOS with serial console/VGA driver and running an ELF executable in
real mode to be working fine - if it's not then please let us know :)