[OpenBIOS] Apple's Open Firmware.

Jd Lyons lyons_dj at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 13:06:23 CEST 2018

Ok, I got a PC bios nVidia card working by loading the FCode rom from a file in my Quicksilver.

load hd:12,ppc/GMC.rom
dev agp/@10
 800000 1 byte-load
“ agp/@10” open-dev to my-self
800000 1 byte-load
bye

I likely wouldn’t have to call 1 byte-load twice if I knew how to properly call device-open, I think the first time I call it, it’s setting up the open and close methods for the device, because if I do “ agp/@10” open-dev to my-self before it complains that the device has no open and close methods.

OS X didn’t care for it( kernel panic ), but it didn’t properly build the compatible properties.

OS 9 was fine with it, as soon as I Mac-boot/bye I get video from the card, and everything works as expected 2D/3D and DVD playback.

Now I just have to figure out how to get Openbios to do this with PCI Passthrough;-)

Thanks everyone.