[OpenBIOS] Apple's Open Firmware.

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Apr 3 02:30:24 CEST 2018

On Mon, Apr 02, 2018 at 11:28:43AM -0700, Joe van Tunen wrote:
> You couldn't add Apple fcode support because the Apple fcode drivers use different tokens in different firmwares.

They use FCode numbers < 800, and they are the same everywhere.  For some
reason the didn't use the vendor space (600..7ff) though, but instead
reserved FCode #s.

(You're right things changed around a bit before NewWorld.  Does
anyone care?  Historians, perhaps.)

Oh that reminds me...  They do this 16-bit FCode # thing as well, if
memory serves lead by an 0f4 token (followed by two bytes).

Segher