[OpenBIOS] Apple's Open Firmware.

Jd Lyons lyons_dj at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 2 12:43:23 CEST 2018

Thanks Segher,

load hd:12,\ppc\Quadro900Mac.rom
load-base 100 dump

Result:

00800000
DEFAULT CATCH!, code=300 at %SRR0: ff847470 %SRR1:0000b030

Striping the PCI Header and doing:

load hd:12/ppc/4600.rom
“ agp/@10” open-dev to my-self
800000 1 byte-load

That seem to execute the fcode, but I can’t get in over a telnet session to see the result. I have two cards, a 4600 Ti and a Quadro 900. The EEROM on the 900 is dead, and the card it’s self maybe fubar.

I flashed the 4600 with the Mac FCode ROM and it works fine, doing the above makes the screen go blank, then typing Mac-boot boots the OS and brings the screen back up, seems to add 4:00 to the end of the card name. GeForce4 Ti 4600 4:00.

I’m just wanting to figure this out to test Fcode Roms before I flash them to the cards, but it is seeming to be more trouble than it maybe worth. I was just hoping it my tell me something of changes needed to Open Bios to get VGA Passthrough working.

I don’t think we learned anything useful.