[OpenBIOS] The tilda character in OpenBIOS

BALATON Zoltan balaton at eik.bme.hu
Mon Jan 2 11:54:09 CET 2017

On Mon, 2 Jan 2017, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> On 01/01/17 19:46, Programmingkid wrote:
>> When I push the tilda/grave-accent button, the character that shows up
>> on OpenBIOS is the < or > character. Would you accept a patch that
>> fixes this issue?
>
> Sure, if you have something that works then please do post it to the
> list for everyone to review. I suspect it's some kind of mapping issue...

If this is happening on an Apple keyboard where this key is in the bottom
row next to the left shift, consider that some international PC keyboards
(e.g. German) do have a key with < and > at that position so it may not be
that simple to fix without getting info about key layout. The usbhid
driver has a way to add keymaps but only a us map is defined. Same for
adb. Maybe you could change the default us map so that both the upper left
(next to 1) and lower left (next to left shift if exists) keys generate
`/~ which should work for most keyboards. (This char is called tilde by
the way.)

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan