[OpenBIOS] Beginners How-To for DTS and OpenFirmware?

Thomas Huth thuth at redhat.com
Mon Feb 13 11:22:05 CET 2017

On 13.02.2017 09:55, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> On 22/11/16 07:58, Thomas Huth wrote:
>
>> On 21.11.2016 21:07, Michael wrote:

>>> Yes and I looked at them. But they are either very old or not usable for
>>> ppc (too much work to implement a new arch).
>>
>> By the way, https://www.openfirmware.info/SLOF seems to be very
>> outdated, too. The links do not work anymore. Could anybody with
>> write-access to the wiki please update the page and point to the git
>> repository? The URL is https://github.com/aik/SLOF/
>
> Hi Thomas,
>
> I've now updated the relevant page on the OpenBIOS wiki to point to the
> new SLOF repository URL - let me know if there are any other changes
> required.

 Hi Mark!

Thanks a lot for the update! If you've got some spare minutes, it would
also be great if you could change the wording of the last two items a
little bit, since this has apparently been written in the very early
days of SLOF and is not up-to-date anymore:

- Instead of "Pseudo Open Firmware", please write "An Open Firmware
implementation" (since most of IEEE1275 has been realized nowadays)

- Instead of " Low Level Firmware for IBM's JS20 (closed source)" please
write: "Low Level Firmware for IBM's JS20, JS21 and the YDL PowerStation
(partially closed source)"

- And maybe add an additional entry like this:
  "Firmware for the emulated 'pseries' machine of QEMU"

 Thomas