[OpenBIOS] b?branch

Programmingkid programmingkidx at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 16:39:31 CET 2017

> On Dec 31, 2017, at 7:59 AM, Jd Lyons <lyons_dj at yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> How would I set my-space to 7000?
>>>
>>> Is that specific to pci/@e?
>>>
>>> I noticed in SLOF that my-space . returned 1800, however the card was pci/@3.
>>
>> And that is correct :-)
>>
>> It is @dev,fn or if fn is 0, it is written as @dev .  In the encoded
>> representation, it is  800*dev + 100*fn (dev is 5 bits, fn is 3 bits).
>>
>> In openbios, it looks like my-space gets its data from >dn.probe-addr in
>> the device node...  And it is set via set-args...  And then I got lost,
>> not sure how that is supposed to be called.
>>
> Looks like we need to change the way openbios handles my-space.
>
> SLOF deals with it in the nodes.fs
>
> : (my-phandle)  ( -- phandle )
>    my-self ?dup IF
>       ihandle>phandle
>    ELSE
>       get-node dup 0= ABORT" no active node"
>    THEN
> ;
>
> : my-space ( -- phys.hi )
>    (my-phandle) >space
> ;
>

> I think we also need the >space word, the phandle word, and the ihandle word, I’ll have to track that  down too.
>
> John, do you want to take a crack at fixing the >dn.probe-addr, or replacing it with something that returns a correct my-space .?

I'm not familiar with what >dn.probe-addr is but I did find this code:

 struct ( device node )
  /n field >dn.isize                    \ instance size (must go first)
  /n field >dn.parent
  /n field >dn.child
  /n field >dn.peer
  /n field >dn.properties
  /n field >dn.methods
  /n field >dn.priv-methods
  /n field >dn.#acells
  /n field >dn.probe-addr
  inst-node.size field >dn.itemplate
constant dev-node.size

I'm guessing it is a field in a structure. This code is found here: openbios/forth/device/structures.fs