[OpenBIOS] b?branch

Programmingkid programmingkidx at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 15:59:12 CET 2017

> On Dec 21, 2017, at 9:36 AM, Jd Lyons <lyons_dj at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> I don’t know, this maybe an issue with the way we have defined “us”.
>
> Looking through the SLOF code it seems they call it like this in the timebase.fs:
>
> : tb@  ( -- tb )
>    BEGIN tbu@ tbl@ tbu@ rot over <> WHILE 2drop REPEAT
>    20 lshift swap ffffffff and or
> ;
>
> : milliseconds ( -- ms ) tb@ d# 1000 * tb-frequency / ;
> : microseconds ( -- us ) tb@ d# 1000000 * tb-frequency / ;
>
> : ms ( ms-to-wait -- ) milliseconds + BEGIN milliseconds over >= UNTIL drop ;
> : get-msecs ( -- n ) milliseconds ;
> : us  ( us-to-wait -- )  microseconds +  BEGIN microseconds over >= UNTIL  drop ;
>
> Not sure if I can port/hack this code over, the copier seems to have trouble with tbu@ tbl@?

The ms and get-msecs words don't appear to be implemented correctly on OpenBIOS. 10000 ms should pause OpenBIOS for 10 seconds. It does not.

I did find a function called udelay() in the drivers/timer.c file. Maybe I can implement the word us using udelay(). Then the ms word could be implemented using the us word.