[OpenBIOS] PIC Passthough( VGA )

Tarl Neustaedter tarl-b2 at tarl.net
Mon Dec 18 02:44:32 CET 2017

On 2017-Dec-17 12:34 , Jd Lyons wrote:

> When I do:
>
> 0 > 0 0 " 4,0" " /pci at f2000000" begin-package  ok
> 0 > dev /pci ls
> fff8042c mac-io at c
> fff83008 usb at d
> fff83374 QEMU,VGA at e
> fff87994 NE2000 at f
> fff87d44 pci10de,141 at 10
> fffad3dc <noname>
>  ok
> 0 >
>
> It creates a <noname> device, but it has no address, so I can't get
> the .properties or words from it. I'm sure I'm not getting this
> command right, I don't think OpenBios has a "Slot" property for PCI Cards?
>
> That maybe an issue?

The above is expected behaviour; when you create the node, it has no
name. The FCode is supposed to create the "reg" and "name" properties
which give it the values you see. Although, looking at the above, I'm
seeing a "pci10de,141" node, which is probably your card. Maybe you
should be running the FCode in that node? Rather than

0 0 " 4,0" " /pci at f2000000" begin-package

try

" /pci/pci10de,141 at 10" begin-select-dev

Then do the load/byte-load operations.