[OpenBIOS] PIC Passthough( VGA )

Jd Lyons lyons_dj at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 9 13:37:13 CET 2017

I was hoping I could use PCI Passthrough with an old Apple OEM Geforce 6600 PCI-E card, as the display device, but I’m not having any luck.

Openbios seems to have an error” Can not manage “VGA controller’ PCI device type ‘display’
10de 141 ( 3 0 0 )

I’m assuming that Openbios is not reading the Option Rom of the card, but I’m not sure why.

I’m having trouble checking to see if Openbios can read the Rom of the card, I’m, sure I’m not doing it right, could someone offer a little guidance?

http://mirror.informatimago.com/next/developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn2000.html

>dev / ls
>dev pci
>dev @10
>.properties
>” ..” find-device open
>.

This is where, I think it should return ffffffff, however it returns -1.

I was thinking “-1” was 0xffffffff?

Here is where I’m getting stuck:

>1180e config-b@ config-b@ undefined word.

Can anyone offer what I’m doing wrong, should I have another value for “1180e”?

The address 1180e is the Configuration Space address we want to read. The word config-b@ reads a byte from this address. The . word displays the top item on the stack, which is the Header Type register. Since this is a Header Type Zero, we know the expansion ROM BAR is at offset 0x30.

Thanks