[OpenBIOS] OpenBIOS documentation

BALATON Zoltan balaton at eik.bme.hu
Mon Oct 17 23:25:26 CEST 2016

On Mon, 17 Oct 2016, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> On 17/10/16 17:35, BALATON Zoltan wrote:
>> It worked back when I've added the driver to OpenBIOS but maybe there
>> were some changes in QEMU that broke it since or you could try to not
>> have both ADB and USB keyboards only USB (not sure if this would help
>> but could be something to try). Also enabling debug output might help to
>> see if it's trying to access the OHCI hardware and what it's doing.
>
> Is there any chance you can confirm the command line you used and a bit
> of information as to how you tested the patch so I can try and recreate
> here?

Sorry, I don't remember. But enabling CONFIG_DEBUG_USB option in
config/examples/ppc_config.xml (with the patch fixing it I've sent
separately to the list) I get the following debug output:

>> rh init done
>> root hub status change
>> attachment change on port 0
>> Warning: port reset too short: 0ms; should be at least 10ms.
>> rh port reset finished after 0ms.
>> fullspeed device
>> ohci_control(): doing transfer with 0. first_td at 7c9b430
>> Waiting for 0 pages on dev 07c9b074 with head 07c9b490
>> Processed 2 done TDs.
>> processed 2 done tds, 0 intr tds thereof.
>> HALTED!
>> set_address failed

So it seems to have found the OHCI controller and root hub but failed
during trying to use the USB keyboard. That's all I could identify to hint
at where it should be debugged. I don't know what the actual problem is.

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan