[OpenBIOS] OpenBIOS documentation

BALATON Zoltan balaton at eik.bme.hu
Mon Oct 17 12:28:57 CEST 2016

On Sun, 16 Oct 2016, Programmingkid wrote:
> make USB work. This patch is an attempt to make USB work. It looks like
> changes were made to the original code to make it compile in OpenBIOS.

Apart from integrating in OpenBIOS changes were needed to make it work on
a big endian CPU as well.

> These changes may have disabled the OHCI code.

Not likely but I don't know what are you trying to do.

> https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/third_party/coreboot/+/ecec80e062f7efe32a9a17479dcf8cb678a4a98b/payloads/libpayload/drivers/usb/ohci.c
> This page has very similar code to usbohci.c has.

The usb driver in OpenBIOS was ported from the libpayload library of the
coreboot project. Your link says third_party so this is not the official
repo. Maybe a better source would be the upstream repository at
coreboot.org rather than Google's copy of it although that seems to be a
bit hard to browse without cloning because it's behind a patch management
system. I've found this link now (not sure if it has any relevant
differences to the above but this should be the upstream source):

https://review.coreboot.org/cgit/coreboot.git

> Using this page I filled in what I thought were the missing function
> calls. My changes no longer allow OpenBIOS to boot, so consider this a
> work in progress for now.

If this breaks it then it's likely not the correct fix. What was the
problem in the first place this is trying to correct?

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan