[OpenBIOS] build warnings on gcc6

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Fri Mar 11 17:30:56 CET 2016

On 09/03/16 17:46, Cole Robinson wrote:

>> Sadly I don't have gcc6 around yet (I only install released compiler
>> packages here) but I think I can fix these up. Do you have the complete
>> out for sparc32, sparc64 and ppc binaries so I can also look at these or
>> is it just the sparc64 build that fails?
>
> Attached the full build output, with -Wno-error. There's some rpm build gunk
> in there but it's straightforward

Hi Cole,

Thanks for the output. I've just posted a patchset which should remove
all of the warnings except the one emitted by -Wnonnull-compare so
please test and let me know if it improves things.

Like Segher I'm not 100% convinced by the -Wnonnull-compare warning in
this case, so I've left this for the moment. It does raise an eyebrow
that Fedora are building with an as-yet unreleased compiler but can you
confirm as a starting point whether the fix for PR69835 as indicated by
Segher is being included in the gcc6 build you are using?