[OpenBIOS] Google Summer of Code 2016

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 20:52:17 CET 2016

On 29/02/16 23:01, Programmingkid wrote:

> Hi Mark, I was wondering if you were willing to be a mentor again for another student for this year's Google Summer of Code. Last year Cormac O'Brien made a lot of progress that put us into view of making Mac OS 9 work in QEMU. This year we could bring on someone else who could eliminate all these extension problems. Your work with Cormac last year was very impressive. Would you be interested in mentoring this year?
>
> I am thing about making the title to this years Google Summer of Code entry as "Make Mac OS 8.0 and higher work in QEMU". Nothing set in stone yet.

I don't mind assisting another mentor on matters related to OpenBIOS and
various parts of the QEMU Mac emulation I've encountered to date,
however I would say that given the progress made last year I'm not the
person with the right experience.

Where MacOS boots at the moment requires someone with in-depth PPC CPU
knowledge and even better experience of MacOS Classic development in
order to figure out the current bugs in the emulation. Maybe try an
email to qemu-ppc to see if there is further interest there?