[OpenBIOS] [Report] Mac OS X Developer Preview

Natalia Portillo claunia at claunia.com
Fri Aug 5 16:28:10 CEST 2016

Hi Mark,

It stops there. I'm not sure it stops BECAUSE of that.

In the MEGA folder I added xnu debug output logs.

Last part is:
QEMU,VGA 23 00000003 00000000
IONDRVFramebuffer 23 00000003 00000000
NE2000 23 00000003 00000000
mac-io 23 00000003 00000000
Heathrow 23 00000003 00000000
IOATAHDDrive 23 00000003 00000000
IOATAPIDVDDrive 23 00000003 00000000
IOPMrootDomain 22 00000001 00000000
IOPMrootDomain 35 00000001 00000000
IOPMrootDomain 29 00000001 00000000

Also on console it says:

kmod_create: ATIR128 (id 1), 23 pages loaded at 0x7654000, header size
0x1000
config(0): creating
Matching service count = 1
config(11087c0): starting on IONDRVFrameBuffer, 10
ATIR128::attach(IONDRVFramebuffer)
ATIR128::probe(IONDRVFramebuffer)
ATIR128::detach(IONDRVFramebuffer)
ATIR128::probe fails
config(11087c0): terminating
IOHIDUserClient::attach(IOHIDSystem)

I suspect seeing that, it checks for the presence of an ATI Rage128, not
found, continues, attaches IOHIDUserClient.kext, crashes there.

To confirm that, I modified the image to remove the ATI kexts, and all
references to ATIR128 disappeared and it hangs at
IOHIDUerClient::attach(IOHIDSystem).

Logs uploaded as publicbeta_*_debug_8_nok.log