[OpenBIOS] [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] CUDA has problems with Mac OS 10.4

Alfonso Gamboa gtxent at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 18:20:21 CET 2015

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 12:06 AM, Mark Cave-Ayland <
mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk> wrote:

> On 24/11/15 05:23, Alfonso Gamboa wrote:
>
> > Here are some links I packaged for the emaculation forum, included is an
> > image with macsbug installed already.  I had success booting to desktop.
> >
> > Note:  it seems as time goes by, booting several times using the ISO
> > images corrupts them, resulting in failed boots with crashes at the boot
> > splash screen.  Crashes will continue until you replace them with fresh
> > ones from the zip files.  Reasons as to why are unknown at this time.
>
> Yeah I noticed when booting from a CDROM that my open windows are
> remembered across sessions(!). This makes me think that OS 9 thinks the
> HFS volume is a HD rather than a CDROM and so mounts it read/write on
> boot. How would I find this out in OS9?
>
> > Resedit, Stuffit, Toast, Disk Copy, utilities in an ISO to mount within
> > QEMU:
> > http://bebop.gtxent.com/qemu_os9_utilities.iso.zip
> >
> > MacOS 9.2.2 bootable image(extensions all removed):
> > http://bebop.gtxent.com/os922_uni.iso.zip
> >
> > MacOS 9.2.1 bootable image(extensions all removed):
> > http://bebop.gtxent.com/os92_test.iso.zip
> >
> > MacOS 9.2.1 bootable image with macsbug (extensions all removed):
> > http://bebop.gtxent.com/os92_test_macsbug.iso.zip
>
> These images are definitely helpful, however what would be really useful
> to know is exactly what the modules in question do:
>
> - Multiprocessing (maybe uses a currently unimplemented CPU instruction
> to facilitate faster multitasking?)
>
> - Open Transport ASLM Modules (no idea what these do)
>
> - Apple Audio Extension Module (is this just a standard sound driver or
> other? I did get a backtrace once suggesting that it was trying to
> access digital CDROM audio which is why it crashed. Then again if it
> thinks that the CDROM is a HD then that's not going to help too much
> here either).
>

> ATB,
>
> Mark.

This is a zip containing qemu-ppc, and a 2gb disk image file with macos
9.2.2 installed. The system folder was modified to allow it to boot from an
unlocked HFS volume. This image has lots of extensions and control panels
included and enabled.  Once you download qemu_easy.zip, extract it, and run
qemu_os9.command (this is just a batch file with arguments)

qemu will now load and boot from the disk image to OS9 desktop.  The disk
image included here is read/write enabled.  I have only tried this on
OS10.11, your success may vary.  MacsBug is included in the root directory,
but is not enabled.

http://bebop.gtxent.com/qemu_easy.zip

thanks,
Alfonso