[OpenBIOS] [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] CUDA has problems with Mac OS 10.4

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Tue Nov 24 09:06:43 CET 2015

On 24/11/15 05:23, Alfonso Gamboa wrote:

> Here are some links I packaged for the emaculation forum, included is an
> image with macsbug installed already.  I had success booting to desktop.
>
> Note:  it seems as time goes by, booting several times using the ISO
> images corrupts them, resulting in failed boots with crashes at the boot
> splash screen.  Crashes will continue until you replace them with fresh
> ones from the zip files.  Reasons as to why are unknown at this time.

Yeah I noticed when booting from a CDROM that my open windows are
remembered across sessions(!). This makes me think that OS 9 thinks the
HFS volume is a HD rather than a CDROM and so mounts it read/write on
boot. How would I find this out in OS9?

> Resedit, Stuffit, Toast, Disk Copy, utilities in an ISO to mount within
> QEMU:
> http://bebop.gtxent.com/qemu_os9_utilities.iso.zip
>
> MacOS 9.2.2 bootable image(extensions all removed):
> http://bebop.gtxent.com/os922_uni.iso.zip
>
> MacOS 9.2.1 bootable image(extensions all removed):
> http://bebop.gtxent.com/os92_test.iso.zip
>
> MacOS 9.2.1 bootable image with macsbug (extensions all removed):
> http://bebop.gtxent.com/os92_test_macsbug.iso.zip

These images are definitely helpful, however what would be really useful
to know is exactly what the modules in question do:

- Multiprocessing (maybe uses a currently unimplemented CPU instruction
to facilitate faster multitasking?)

- Open Transport ASLM Modules (no idea what these do)

- Apple Audio Extension Module (is this just a standard sound driver or
other? I did get a backtrace once suggesting that it was trying to
access digital CDROM audio which is why it crashed. Then again if it
thinks that the CDROM is a HD then that's not going to help too much
here either).