[OpenBIOS] [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] CUDA has problems with Mac OS 10.4

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Mon Nov 23 22:00:20 CET 2015

On 22/11/15 17:39, Programmingkid wrote:

>>> Remove these extensions from the Extensions folder and Mac OS 9 will boot to the desktop:
>>>
>>> Apple Audio Extension
>>> Apple Enet
>>> Multiprocessing folder
>>> Open Transport aslm modules
>>> Text Encoding Converter
>>>
>>> Note: I used Cormac's Mac OS 9.2.1 iso file to do my testing.
>>
>> Now this is definitely helpful. Just to confirm that the presence of any
>> *one* of these modules causes boot to fail?
>
> Yes. That is correct.

I've just done some testing here on my 9.2.2 ISO and I've found the
following:

- Removing "Apple Audio Extension" appears to prevent some kind of
corruption which allows MacsBugs to give non-corrupt stack traces

- The resulting stack trace points at "AINI 8042 05AE Startup ASLM PPC"

- Further removing "Open Transport ASLM Modules" allows boot to proceed
nearly all the way except for a hang just before the progress bar
reaches the end

- Finally removing "Multiprocessing" allows boot to proceed all the way
to the desktop

Alfonso/John can you confirm whether removing these 3 extensions works
for your images too? If you are able to run the OS 9 installer all the
way through and manually mount the hd images to remove them by hand
before the next boot, do you end up with a bootable OS 9 HD image?