[OpenBIOS] [Qemu-ppc] [Qemu-devel] CUDA has problems with Mac OS 10.4

Programmingkid programmingkidx at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 16:46:12 CET 2015

On Nov 20, 2015, at 8:39 AM, BALATON Zoltan wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Nov 2015, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
>> Some mac99/pmu99 hardware has an ADB keyboard, fwiw (tibook, for example).
>> The do have built-in USB; that, and being newworld, are not directly
>> related things.
>
> Maybe, but the PowerMac3,1 we are trying to emulate here does not have ADB AFAIK. Although qemu's mac99 is not a real machine now we should move to being closer to some existing hardware if we want OSes written for that hardware to run.

I use to have the same belief until Mark set me straight. We are only making an emulator of a new world Mac, not a simulator of a PowerMac3,1. This means we might be able to get away with not exactly mirroring a real Mac. The fact that Mac OS 9 can boot up at all does give me hope we are on the right path.